- Citizens are not allowed to have more than one civil record, single ID card and a family register. A citizen is not allowed to use an ID card or a family register that belongs to someone else. Violators of the rule will be punished according to the established law.
- No Saudi government agency or public institution, including universities, institutes and schools; companies, associations and private institutes and individuals, is allowed to accept or use the service or receive in any capacity any Saudi who completed (15) years of age unless he holds National ID card.
- Since the national ID card and the family register are mandatory only inside the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia (KSA), citizens are not allowed to take them outside the Kingdom; while travelling abroad, citizens are allowed to carry only their passports. Violators of the rule are punished according to the established law.
- If the national ID card or family register is lost or damaged due to any reason, the incident must be reported to the nearest Civil Affairs Department within 15 days. Loss or damage of national ID card or family register must be reported immediately to the police and national defense administration. After this, a request for replacement can be submitted to the Civil Affairs Department.
- The validity of the old national ID card issued to male citizens is untill 9/5/1418H. For female citizens who have not been issued the new national ID card, the old one will be valid untill 9/5/1427H.
- Sanctioned period for reporting births and deaths does not include national holidays
- National ID cards are valid for 10 years from the date of issuance, replacement or renewal. The national ID card can be renewed for 10 years only if renewed within 180 days before the expiry date.
- Citizen is not allowed to pawn the national ID card, family register or the old national ID card. Violators, including the owner of the document and the person who accepts it as security, will be punished according to the established law.
- Producing and / or having an identical copy of the national ID card or the family register is prohibited; possession of such a copy and any one producing such a copy will be punished according to the established law.
- Individuals who have a common father cannot have the same name of father if both of them are alive. One's name cannot be the same as his father's name if both are still alive. Names contrary to Islamic laws are invalid.