An official source at the ministry of interior stated that it has been decided not to extend the precautionary measures which had previously set to suspend all entertainment activities and events, closing cinemas and indoor entertainment centers as well as independent indoor games' venues, or those in restaurants and shopping centers and the like, gyms and sports centers, internal ordering services in restaurants and cafes and the like. The decision of lifting the suspension will be implemented from next Sunday, March 7, 2021, with the exception of the following procedures:
1) Continuation of suspending all events and parties to include weddings, corporate meetings and the like, in banquet halls and independent wedding halls or affiliated with hotels, as well as in rental rest houses and camps that are used for these purposes, until further notice.
2) Commitment to the maximum number of gatherings in social events at (20) people only.
The source stressed the need for everyone to adhere to these measures, including the continued distribution of prayers at funerals in cemeteries at all times of the day, and not to be complacent in the application of precautionary measures and protocols approved for all activities, so as to preserve the public health of society and protect the gains achieved during the last period at all levels.
The source said that inspection campaigns will be increased during the next period in order to ensure that all individuals and facilities adhere to the precautionary measures and violators will be fined.
The source also said that all precautionary measures are subject to continuous evaluation by the competent authorities, according to the developments of the epidemic situation.