- Since the Saudi passport is a very important personal and security document, only the applicant is allowed to interact with passports administration. In case of legal minors and women, the guardian is allowed to interact on their behalf with the concerned passports administration.
- The passport is a very important document that must be used only by the owner as per set guidelines. It should not be pawned; and proper care should be taken for its safekeeping. Applicants are not allowed to submit false documents or incorrect information to obtain the passport.
- Saudi passport is valid for 5 years from the date of issue or until all pages have been used. Passports can not be extended after the expiry date, but it can be renewed. The Saudi passport is valid for multiple travels. If the passport is lost inside the Kingdom, the incident must be reported to the nearest passport authority. If it is lost outside the Kingdom, the incident must be reported to the nearest Saudi consulate. A police report and an advertisement in the local newspapers are required for applying for the replacement of the lost passport.
- Saudi citizens must register their passports with the Saudi embassy or consulate in the country they visit. This is to ensure that the embassy or consulate can help them in case of an incident.
- Saudi citizens must not misuse or allow others to misuse their passport. They should also take proper care for the safekeeping of their passports. Violators will be punished according to established law.
- To travel to an Arab country, the citizen’s passport must be valid for a minimum period of 3 months; and for travel to America or European countries, the validity period must exceed 6 months. Otherwise, the passport will not be accepted by embassies inside the Kingdom.
- Citizens must ensure that they have the required visas before travelling; most countries refuse to allow dependents entry unless the passport holder is present with them.
- Saudi citizens must get their passports stamped by the concerned officials at ports and borders on arrival and departure.
- Citizens must follow the laws and regulations of the countries they visit; good behavior helps Saudis positively reflect their country and culture.
- Passport authorities severely punish those who misuse their passports or hand them to others for misuse.
- To avoid any unpleasant situation, citizens should chose safe areas for residing and should be discreet in displaying money or jewelry.
- After returning to the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, Saudi citizens must keep passports at a safe place; and use only their national ID cards for identification.
- The applicant must collect the issued passport himself. For legal minors and women, the guardian can do so.