Eastern Province is the largest province of Saudi Arabia, located in the east of the country on the Persian Gulf coast, and has land borders with Kuwait, Qatar, the United Arab Emirates, Oman, and Yemen. It has an area of 710,000 km² and a population of 3,360,157 (As of 2004 census). Its capital is Dammam, and its governor is HRH Prince Mohammed bin Fahd bin Abdul Aziz al-Saud.
Emirate was established in 1351 AH, after the unification of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia and the emirate to follow the Saudi Interior Ministry, and it’s capital is Dammam:
· HRH Prince Saud bin Naif bin Abdulaziz Al Saud, Governor of the Eastern Region
· Representation of the Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques in the region.
· Ensuring that the course of justice in the region.
· Work to maintain security in the region.
· Work to provide all services to the citizens of the region in cooperation and coordination with government agencies and to participate in the planning stages for all services.
· Ensure the efficiency and effectiveness of services provided to citizens of the region, and work to improve and develop the provision of such services.
· Receive complaints and calls to citizens and to consider their own affairs and work to meet their demands and solve their problems.