The General Directorate
of Passports carries out many duties to serve citizens and residents in
the Kingdom such as:
- Implement Saudi Passports System and related
instructions according to the Higher Order no. 17/3/2 dated 19/1/1385 H.
This system defines the Saudi travel documents as in Saudi passports
and Transient Tickets, individuals authorized to obtain them, validity,
renewal, fees and violation penalties.
- Implement Iqama (Resident Permit) System and
related instructions according to the Higher Order no. 17/2/25/1337
dated 11/9/1337 H. This system organizes expatriates arrival to the
Kingdom and related issues as in visas, entry registration, Iqama
issuing, validity and renewal, required fees and violation penalties
- Monitor Kingdom arrivals, departures and transit
individuals and examine their information to ensure accuracy of their
stamps, visas…etc. and deport violators, anonymous and overstaying
expatriates. In addition, monitor companies and establishments that
employ non-Saudis, disclose violators and penalize them.
- Control alien re-assignments to ensure that they
are working for their sponsors and apply penalties for violators.
- Prepare lists of those who are banned to leave or
enter the Kingdom and circulate them all over the Kingdom ports,
Security Authorities and Saudi embassies abroad.
- Prepare stamps required for visas, registration and
Iqamas. In addition, prepare application forms, IDs and records
required for this issue and modify them constantly.
- Prepare annual statistic reports on the Kingdom
arrivals whether they were pilgrims, visitors or employees
- Establish new branches for the Directorate around
the Kingdom according to necessities and establish additional centers to
serve pilgrims in order to facilitate their arrival and departure in
the required duration.
- Carry out necessary procedures and precautions to
ensure that all pilgrims stay in the required areas and track illegal
- Communicate with the Kingdom embassies around the
world through the Ministry of Foreign Affairs to provide Saudis residing
abroad with passports whenever required.
- Coordinate with the concerned Saudi authorities to
ensure that they implement all rules related to Passports Systems.
- Arrest, investigate and deport within granted
- Encourage citizens and aliens to cooperate with the
department. Publish brochures periodically on their rights, duties and
prohibitions; and issue directives and instructions to explain
procedures required to implement systems. In addition, prepare executive
regulations or modifications on the current systems.
- Prepare internal regulations for the Directorate
departments and branches.
- Train work force on passports issues at the
Passports Institute, specialized institutes in or outside the Kingdom.
- Establish buildings for the Directorate and its
branches and equip them to carry out functions effectively.
- Practice financial and administrative authority,
according to financial and military systems and regulations.
Requirements to accept
- The application must be submitted by employer,
family guardian, legal deputy or legal representative.
- If the applicant is not the application owner,
application type will vary according to the following:
Expediting procedures through services office:
- For companies and establishments: A
legal authorization, sanctioned by the Chamber of Commerce and approved
by Passports Administration, must be provided from the company or
establishment. Expediting card will be issued for the representative.
- For Saudi individuals: A
handwritten authorization, sanctioned by his employer or an
official organization, must be provided by the application owner.
- For Non-Saudi individuals: Iqama
and travel visa applications must be submitted by the family guardian or
- Application submitted by services office will not
be accepted unless it is signed and stamped by the employer and a legal
authorization is provided.
- The application must include all requirements,
completed and signed by the application's owner or any representative.
However, the Passports Administration must have an approved record of
the office owner's signatures or his Saudi expeditors.
- The services office must stamp the application
officially after filling all information by the applicant along with
required signatures and sanctions.
- Services office is not permitted to expedite on
issuing Saudi passports or Iqamas for those who have a non-work entry