Definition of Neighborhood Mayors and his administrative responsibilities:
As civil servants of the Ministry of Interior, the district governor and his deputy are public security officers responsible for maintaining security within their jurisdiction. The district governor. who works closely with his deputy, is under the supervision of the governor of the province and is subordinated administratively to the police commissioner.
Below are some of the responsibilities of the district governor:
- Sign documents and reports, issue identity and other related papers.
- Keep records about the neighborhood residents and their movements.
- Maintain and up-keep records on the documents that are issued through his office.
- Confirm and maintain records on at-home birth cases.
- Constantly monitor security related events happening within his jurisdiction and inform the authorities to take immediate actions.
- Investigate and identify un-documented and illegal aliens and inform the authorities to take immediate actions.
- Monitor ownership of firearms to ensure validity of their licenses.
- Fight against narcotics, monitor criminals and report them to authorities.
- Provide information to authorities about wanted persons.
- Assist government representatives by disclosing information and locations of wanted individuals besides all security tasks assigned to the Governor.
- Tackle social reconciliation between residents of a neighborhood within his jurisdiction.
- Investigate and forward reports to Social Security Bureau on citizens deserving social security benefits and pensions.
- Mediate to solve conflicts that may arise between the unsocial residents.