Because the rise of our country depends on the young people, it is a big tragedy to see our pillars lost in reckless car accidents, which destroy the lives, widow the women and displace the children. Dear young brother, have you known that our economic loss due to traffic accidents is estimated at about 21 billion riyals a year?
For your safety, young brother, we would like to put those facts and indicators on focus:
- The World Health Organisation (WHO) has described traffic accidents as the "civilised societies' epidemic."
- Traffic accidents have increased during the past years.
- More than fifth of cases handled by the Red Crescent have been classified under traffic accidents.
- 6 injuries per 8 incidents recorded in the Kingdom; whereas the global ratio is one injury for each 8 accidents.
- Loss rates of national product due to traffic accidents in Saudi Arabia are 4.7%, while they did no exceed 1.7% in Australia, England and the USA.
- The Traffic System has passed a regulation implementing Article (63) allowing moving a vehicle during simple traffic accidents in the following cases:
- In case of necessity when the vehicle site poses a threat to public safety or obstruct traffic.
- If the accident was simple and straightforward, and the parties agreed on how it happened.