During the era of the Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques (Fahd Bin Abdulaziz) – royal No. 8961 and No. 8963 on 20/5/1410 AH were issued to establish “Special Forces for Roads Security”. Its establishment comes during the following steps:
- Establishment of road security leaders in the following seven regions: "Riyadh - Eastern region- Makkah - Madina - Najran - Qassim - Hail", which represents the first phase of assigning Roads Security patrols.
- The mission of accompanying vehicles that are transporting money from one city to another through highways was then assigned to the Special Forces for Roads Security.
- After that, making checkpoints mission at the entrances of the cities and on the roads was assigned to the Special Forces for Road Safety, which reached (12) twelve points at the time.
- Special Forces for Road Safety patrols had covered all 13 regions.
- Special Forces for Road Safety patrols have to cover more than 44000 kilometers, which consider long roads of the Kingdom.
- Road Safety patrols gained the respect of highways’ respect and also they gain praises and respects on media.